"I never realized how much the simplest of things could mean to a person such as: a haircut, clothing, prayer, and even a bottle of water." ~Meredith
Training is a crucial part of this unique community event and all volunteers are required to attend one hour of training prior to the event. (Volunteer Navigators who participated in 2015 and 2016 do not need to attend) To make this training as convenient as possible, the Weld Project Connect committee will schedule multiple sessions. There is no pre-registration for training, just select the one that works best and attend. For more information about the event or to volunteer, visit www.weldprojectconnect.org, call 211 or 1-800-559-5590.
Step 1: Register to be a volunteer by clicking the volunteer button in the left hand column.
Step 2: Choose a training session that works best - you only need to attend one training and there is no pre-registration required.
Step 3: Encourage your friends, family members, co-workers, everyone to be a volunteer - just like you.
There are several tools you will use as a Weld Porject Connect navigator, click the links below if you wish to look over these documents prior to the event. (These will be provided at the event, you do not need to bring your own printed copies.)
Navigator Training dates for WPC 2017:
- Wednesday, October 4, 6-7pm, Aims Community College Cornerstone Building Room 156
- Saturday, October 7, 9-10am, Aims Community College Cornerstone Building Room 156
- Tuesday, October 10, 4:30-5:30pm, Farr Regional Library, 1939 61st Ave
- Thursday, October 12, 5:30-6:30pm, Farr Regional Library, 1939 61st Ave
- Monday, October 16, 3-4pm, Downtown Library, 1012 11th St.
- Tuesday, October 17, 2:30-3:30pm & 3:30-4:30pm, UNC University Center Spruce B & C
- Thursday, October 19, 5:30-6:30pm, Island Grove Park 4H Building
- Friday, October 20, 10-11am Island Grove Park 4H Building